Arayes – Meat Stuffed Pita
- 1 pound 85/15 ground beef
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2-3 pita breads (about 6 to 7 inches diameter)
- vegetable oil or avocado oil
- Mix the feta cheese, herbs, and spices with the ground beef.
- Cut the pita in half. Fill with meat and spread out evenly to desired thinness or thickness
- Brush all sides of the filled pita with oil.
- Preheat a pan or skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook the arayes on each side (top, booth, and the open end) for 2-3 minutes until a dark golden brown color forms.
- Slice in half and serve!