Strawberry Matcha Overnight Oats
If you’re looking for an easy, delicious, and cute breakfast to prep ahead of time, look no further! These strawberry matcha overnight oats are great to have on hand to grab and go in the fridge and they taste just like everyone’s favorite boba drink. So now you have an excuse to have your favorite sweet treat for breakfast!
To make the strawberry layer, just combine diced strawberries with granulated white sugar. Let it soak in for about 30 minutes. This will create a syrupy consistency on the outside of the strawberries that is so good and what we call macerated strawberries!
Try to get strawberries that are sweet and in season. This will make the final product taste even that much better.
The Matcha Oats
Now for the bright green layer, we’ll be making a vanilla matcha oat base! It’s sweetened with maple syrup and tastes like a matcha latte.
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- matcha powder
- vanilla paste
- maple syrup
Just mix together all the ingredients in a bowl until smooth and it’s ready to layer up in the jar! If you don’t have vanilla bean paste, you can just use vanilla extract. I also like to sweeten mine with maple syrup but brown sugar works well too and tastes amazing!
What Matcha to Use
My favorite to use is off Amazon by Jade Leaf Organic. I’ve had success using both ceremonial grade matcha and culinary grade matcha in this recipe. Ceremonial grade is a bit more expensive and intended just for drinking since it has a more subtle taste. Culinary grade matcha is a lot more affordable and strong so the flavor can still come out when it’s added to baked goods, lattes, and in oats. Either one you choose will be fine though.
If you tried this recipe and loved it, drop by down below and let me know how you liked it with a rating and comment! Feel free to also leave a question there about this recipe and I’ll get right back to it.
Matcha Overnight Oats
If you're looking for an easy, delicious, and cute breakfast to prep ahead of time, look no further! These strawberry matcha overnight oats are great to have on hand to grab and go in the fridge and they taste just like everyone's favorite boba drink. So now you have an excuse to have your favorite sweet treat for breakfast!
- 1 cup strawberries diced
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/3 cup milk of choice (1 1/4 cup for very thick consistency)
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla paste or vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- vanilla yogurt optional
- In a bowl, combine the diced strawberries with the white sugar. Mix together and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- To another bowl, combine the oats with milk, matcha, vanilla, and maple syrup. Mix together really well.
- To jars, add a layer of the strawberries on the bottom, then vanilla yogurt if using, and finally the vanilla matcha oats on top.
- Pop in the fridge to soak and thicken overnight or at least 3 to 4 hours if you can't wait that long. Enjoy the next morning!
Tips & Notes
- You can either layer it all up and then pop in the fridge or just put the oats layer in the fridge and then layer the next morning! Either way is fine.