Cajun Chicken Pasta
Cajun Chicken Pasta
A million times better than your favorite restaurant's creamy cajun chicken pasta! It's a super easy dinner idea that everyone will love.
- 1/2 whole red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 whole green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced or chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup parmesan freshly grated
- squeeze of lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in half to 4 thin breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder blend
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- pinch of cayenne powder optional
- more olive oil for pan
- 10 ounces pasta
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil with chili powder, salt, paprika, garlic powder, oregano, and cayenne powder to make your marinade.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and make sure it is even.
- Heat a pan over medium-heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the chicken and get a nice sear on one side, about 3 minutes. Flip over and get a sear on the other side. Then drop the heat to low and allow the chicken to cook through, about 2 more minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove the chicken and save the oil in the pan to saute the veggies in and make your sauce.
SAUCE & PASTA
- Heat a large pot of water to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, generously salt your water. Then drop the pasta in and cook according to package directions. I used rigatoni and cooked for 12 minutes.
- While the pasta cooks, heat the same saucepan used to cook the chicken over medium-high heat. Add the bell peppers and mushrooms. Saute for 3 minutes or until they get a nice color. Add the garlic and butter. Mix again and saute for another minute.
- Pour the heavy cream in along with the cajun seasoning and basil. Mix and bring to a boil. Then drop the heat and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes. Add the parmesan, lemon juice, and salt if needed. Mix again and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Once the pasta cooks, drain it and toss it into the sauce.
- Slice the chicken and add it on top of the pasta along with more parmesan. Enjoy!