Creme Brulee White Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
Let’s fuse two desserts together – creme brulee and cheesecake! Both so creamy, heavenly, and delicious especially with the white chocolate twist.
How to Brulee
My favorite way to brulee is to use a kitchen blow torch which is super affordable and a fun gadget to have in the kitchen. I’ve owned the same one for over 6 years now and have never had any issues. All you have to do is purchase more fuel for it every now and again depending on how much you use the torch.
You can find them on Amazon, at Target, Home Depot, Williams-Sonoma, and Bed Bath & Beyond!
What to Do If You Can’t Get a Torch
Good news is there is one option available as long as you have an oven! This article from the kitchn is super helpful.
Turn the oven to broil. After refrigerating so the cheesecake is firm and very cold, cover the top completely in white sugar, about 1/3 cup sugar. Place the pan directly under the broiler and watch it very carefully and closely. Take it out right when the sugar caramelizes since it is easy to burn when broiling. Pop it back in the fridge until time to enjoy!
Tips For the Perfect Cheesecake
- Make sure all your ingredients are at room temperature. This includes the cream cheese and eggs. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP! Your cheesecake will have chunks and be super lumpy rather than smooth and creamy if they are not at room temperature. The cream cheese should be very soft when adding it to the mixer.
- Cook in a water bath if possible but it is not completely necessary. Water baths allow cheesecake to cook at a steady pace, helping to create a silky texture and avoid any cracks or sinking. Typically, if using a springform pan for regular round cheesecake, you would need to cover the bottom of the pan with foil or an Instant Pot liner but that is not necessary since we are using an 8×8 pan.
- Make sure not to over-mix the batter to avoid any air bubbles. Also bang the bowl with the batter a few times to remove any air bubbles so you end up with a flawless cheesecake.
If you have any questions about this recipe, let me know in the comments! If you make this recipe, let me know on Instagram! I love seeing your remakes SO much.
Creme Brulee White Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
Let's fuse two desserts together - creme brulee and cheesecake - to make Creme Brulee White Chocolate Cheesecake Bars! Both so creamy, heavenly, and delicious especially with the white chocolate twist.
- 16 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract see note down below
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs very fine
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar for brulee
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
MAKE THE CRUST
- In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted unsalted butter, and sugar. It will be crumbly. Press the crust in to the bottom of the 8x8 pan and pack it in tightly. Use less of the crust if you like it thinner. Set aside.
MAKE THE FILLING
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or handheld beater, add cream cheese and sugar to the bowl and beat on medium speed until it is creamy and smooth. Then add one egg in at a time along with the vanilla extract and mix until creamy and smooth again. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary to make sure everything is incorporated.
- To a small microwave-safe bowl, add the white chocolate chips and heavy cream. Melt in the microwave in 20 seconds intervals, mixing each time, until it is smooth. If the ganache is hot, let it cool. It can be warm. Stream in to the filling while on low speed until it is all fully incorporated.
- Smack the bottom of the bowl a few times to get rid of any air bubbles. Then pour the batter on top of the crust and into the pan.
- Place a deep tray in the oven that is big enough to fit the cake pan. Place the pan in the center and pour hot water into the tray.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes in the center rack of your oven. The center will appear to be a bit wobbly and that's normal.
- After the baking time, turn off the oven and crack the door open and let the cheesecake rest for an hour in the water bath. Then take out of the oven and allow it to cool to room temperature before popping in the fridge for a few hours until chilled completely.
- Once chilled, take out of the pan and remove the parchment paper. Cut into squares, making sure to clean the knife after every cut.
- Add about 1 to 2 teaspoons of white sugar on top of each slice and brulee the top using a blow torch until sugar caramelizes. Chill again until ready to serve!
Tips & Notes
- If you have vanilla bean or vanilla bean paste, use that instead of vanilla extract. The flavor will be INSANE!